Countryside Stewardship Update
Update from the CAAV in relation to “Countryside Stewardship (CS) 2019: Mid-Tier and Wildlife Offers – Applications from February
28 January 2019
Further to our update on the 22nd January 2019, DEFRA has confirmed that the Countryside Stewardship (CS) application window for Mid-Tier and the four Wildlife Offers for agreements with a 1st January 2020 start date is due to open on Monday 18th February 2019. It is understood that the close date for applications will be 31st July 2019.
All four Wildlife Offers should be available for online applications using the Rural Payments service. ‘Core’ Mid-Tier application packs can be requested online and received via email, which should reduce the delays seen with 2018 application packs. 2019 CS applications will be covered at our CAP Briefing on 12th February (booking details are available on the CAAV website).”
“Countryside Stewardship (CS): Woodland Creation Grant – Rolling Application Window
28 January 2019
A reminder that there is now a rolling application window for the CS Woodland Creation Grant, so applications can be submitted throughout the year. The Forestry Commission has provided the following key messages / reminders:-
- Applications will be processed as quickly as possible, but allow at least 5 months for an application to be processed.
- Applicants should plan in advance what is to be included in the application to reduce the changes likely to be needed during the application process. This will speed up processing of the application.
- Land being included in a CS Woodland Creation Grant application needs to be registered on the RPA’s land database (so it is shown on the SBI’s online digital maps). Before applying, check that the land is correctly registered on the Rural Payments service. Please also refer to Forestry Commission Operations Note 042 which gives further information about including land in a CS Woodland Creation Grant agreement, the effect on BPS eligibility and the need to submit an RLE1 form to request that the RPA updates the mapped ‘land cover’ for the affected land.
- The UK Government has guaranteed that any agreements where funding has been agreed before the end of 2020 will be funded for their full lifetime (even in a no-deal scenario).
- Follow @ForestryComm on twitter to see hints and tips on applying for the CS Woodland Creation Grant”