Madeleys Chartered Surveyors are becoming increasingly involved with letting and managing commercial property in the region, whether in rural locations or in the local market towns. With farming and rural businesses diversifying their income streams, it has an increasingly prominent subject.
Obtaining the correct professional advice is imperative when considering various diversification projects to changing the use of redundant buildings into uses in the commercial sector. Planning consent is becoming increasingly difficult to obtain, with additional requirements coming from the Local Planning Authorities which need to be addressed prior to undertaking a project.
There are various services and advice that we can offer to landlords and tenants of commercial property:
- Feasibility studies to assess the viability of proposals
- Preparing valuation reports for all purposes, including lending, investment, probate, sale and letting.
- Marketing of premises for sale and valuation advice on market rent obtainable
- Negotiating terms for the lease on behalf of landlord or tenant.
- Â Advice on the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 on behalf of landlord and tenant
- Preparation of business leases and licences to protect both parties interests
- Management of the letting, collecting rent and dealing with day to day issues
- Record of condition and dilapidations
- Rent reviews
- Business rating assessments and appeals
- Planning applications for change of use.
- Compulsory purchase and compensation, wayleaves and easements.